'I've lost everything once again': Rohingya recount horror of Cox's Bazar blaze

Refugees caught up in the deadly blaze describe panic and despair after fire tore through the Balukhali area on Monday

Marium Khatun, 40, was feeding her 10-month-old son at home when she first saw the fire and smoke nearby. Realising a huge blaze was ripping through the Cox’s Bazar refugee camp just metres from her two-room shack, she panicked.

“I suddenly noticed people were running, scattered on the road in front of my house. I came to the door and saw this huge fire around 30 metres (100ft) away from my house. I couldn’t think straight.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/mar/24/ive-lost-everything-once-again-rohingya-recount-horror-of-coxs-bazar-blaze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...