Fibromyalgia flattens me. Here’s what helps me cope with constant pain | Nikki Marshall

A flare-up starts with instant exhaustion and a brain fog so dense I might struggle to speak

Sometimes it hits in the middle of hot yoga. One moment I’m working hard, dripping sweat; the next I’m flat on my back in corpse pose, trying – usually failing – to practise calm acceptance. When the class ends I might need help rolling up my mat.

A few months back the first twinges flared when I was the designated driver at a family gathering. I felt like a demented cattle dog trying to round up the drinkers, barking at them to skip goodbyes so I could get us home before it smashed me.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/commentisfree/2021/jun/30/fibromyalgia-flattens-me-heres-what-helps-me-cope-with-constant-pain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...