Raiders’ Carl Nassib becomes first active NFL player to come out as gay

Defensive end makes announcement in Instagram video: ‘I finally feel comfortable enough to get it off my chest’

Carl Nassib has become the first active NFL player to come out as gay, making the announcement in a video posted to Instagram on Monday.

“I’m at my house here in West Chester, Pennsylvania,” said Nassib, a defensive end for the Las Vegas Raiders. “I just wanted to take a quick moment to say that I’m gay. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while now but finally feel comfortable enough to get it off my chest. I really have the best life, I’ve got the best family, friends and job a guy can ask for.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/21/nfl-raiders-carl-nassib-comes-out-as-gay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...