My work has always defined me, but now I am burning out

Allow yourself some fallow time so new ways of thinking have time to form

The question I have recently taken six weeks off work due to burn-out, diagnosed by my GP. In the past 10 years I have only ever taken half of all my annual leave and have never been off sick even though there are days I probably should have stayed at home. I am extremely committed to my job in the NHS.

My dilemma is how to avoid getting burnt out again. I love my job and get an enormous amount of satisfaction, kudos, legitimacy and engaged interest. I gain not wholly but a large part of my identity from it.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jul/25/ask-philippa-perry-my-work-has-always-defined-me-but-now-i-am-burning-out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...