How can I approach my best friend’s wedding when I am so worried about her future happiness? | Leading questions

It’s worth having a real conversation with your friend about this, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith, because bullies rely on others’ silence

My best friend is getting married in a few months and I am so sad. We have known each other since childhood, and while it is true that I probably hold too high standards for my loved ones, her fiance seems like a poor choice of life partner. He is combative, argumentative, immature and possessive, and puts her down regularly, often in front of other people. She deals with his unpleasant traits with good humour but admits they argue a lot. They have been together only a couple of years and have had a very short engagement.

I worry she is rushing things and making a huge mistake.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/aug/26/how-can-i-approach-my-best-friends-wedding-when-i-am-so-worried-about-her-future-happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...