‘Heard the final bell’: Manny Pacquiao announces retirement from boxing

  • Pacquiao, 42, turns focus to running for Philippines president
  • ‘Thank you for changing my life, when my family was desperate’

Boxing star Manny Pacquiao, who is planning to run for president of the Philippines in the 2022 elections, said on Wednesday he was retiring from boxing to focus on the biggest fight of his political career. Pacquiao, a Philippines senator who has been dividing his time between politics and fighting, made the announcement in a 14-minute video posted on his official Facebook page.

“I just heard the final bell. Boxing is over,” said an emotional Pacquiao. “I never thought this day would come as a I hang up my boxing gloves.”

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/sep/29/heard-the-final-bell-manny-pacquiao-announces-retirement-from-boxing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...