Sunday with Ruby Wax: ‘I once learned how to cook potatoes, but I’ve forgotten now’

The comedian talks about living out of a suitcase, kayaking, Cape Town and wishing she liked conformity

Sunday morning… Could be anywhere. My schedule is irregular. I might be in another country, at home in London, or in the tiny house outside Stevenage where I write and look at cows. I love living out of a suitcase, the thrill of not knowing where the bathroom is in the middle of the night.

How do you relax? I meditate every morning, otherwise my mind is flooded: it doesn’t clear my head, but it helps. After that, I don’t like to be alone doing nothing. I’ll see a friend, ride my bike into the city to aimlessly stare at buildings, or kayak along the canal.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/sep/05/sunday-with-ruby-wax-i-once-learned-how-to-cook-potatoes-now-i-have-forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...