Gladys Berejiklian Icac hearing live updates: former premier giving evidence on relationship with Daryl Maguire

Berejiklian faces hearing a day after the inquiry heard a series of recordings from tapped phone conversations between her and Daryl Maguire. Follow all the evidence live

Did you regard him as part of the family?

Gladys Berejiklian:

I never regarded him as family in terms of the ministerial code; we didn’t share any finances.

Not in a legal sense, no.

But you are my family.

I had those feelings but I was never assured of a level of commitment which in my mind would have required me to introduce him to my parents, or introduce him to my sisters, or regard it as sufficiently significant.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2021/oct/29/gladys-berejiklian-icac-hearing-live-updates-news-former-nsw-premier-daryl-maguire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...