Huge domes of dust drift across my floor. Where do they come from – and why do I feel so afraid? | Brigid Delaney

I spend all day at home in lockdown in a state of revulsion. When I’m not cleaning, I’m sneezing

Is it Covid or is it dust? Since I moved into this apartment, I frequently wake up with a runny nose, an inflamed throat and watery eyes.

I’ve never lived in a place that’s so dusty. The amount of dust I must deal with each day is confounding. I am constantly dusting, only for it to return an hour later. Where does it come from? Why is it here? Can we cohabitate or will I inhale so much of it that I’ll eventually choke?

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/01/huge-domes-of-dust-drift-across-my-floor-where-do-they-come-from-and-why-do-i-feel-so-afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...