Gladys Berejiklian Icac hearing live updates: former premier appears before inquiry for second day

Independent Commission Against Corruption hearings into the former premier’s dealings with Daryl Maguire continue for a second day. Follow live

Scott Robertson asks:

Do you accept at 5 July 2018, you had been told by Mr Maguire that he had been introducing properties to developers, do you agree?

No I can’t confirm that I knew that.

I don’t think I would have absorbed that, but obviously this is black and white in terms of what he told me.

I don’t even know if I was listening to the conversation properly.

I wouldn’t have thought anything about that. In fact, on that occasion I referred him to my office. If I thought he was engaged in wrongdoing, why would I refer to him to my office?

I didn’t know the person, I didn’t know what was going on. So if you’re asking me if I actually knew what was going on, the answer is no.

In this instance, he’s told me, but I don’t know what he means.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2021/nov/01/gladys-berejiklian-icac-hearing-live-updates-former-premier-appears-before-inquiry-for-second-day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...