I’ve been ill and alone – now relationships seem meaningless | Philippa Perry

Reprogramme your thinking from “everyone is horrible” to “everyone is lovely”, says Philippa Perry. It can turn your life around

The dilemma I’m only now able to get back into society after 20 months of having to isolate. Due to medical complications, I was only recently vaccinated and had been completely solitary out of fear of dealing with Covid. I was ill with a life-threatening infection at one point during lockdown and luckily got through that, but it showed me how alone and vulnerable I am.

I have also been made redundant. I have been applying for jobs, and going to interviews. Inevitably, I am being rejected and even when I’m not, my value is being questioned and negotiated down.

Continue reading...

source https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/nov/14/ask-philippa-perry-i-have-been-ill-and-alone-now-relationships-seem-meaningless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Ethiopia’s controversial quest for the sea

https://ift.tt/4t29xJd Ethiopia is famously landlocked. That’s why the ambitious Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has long harbored visi...